Motorhome Hire UK F.A.Q

If you need more in-depth information about any of the below please contact us with any queries.

Q. Can I drive the Motorhome?

A. We are able to insure drivers between the ages of 25-75 who have held their Full Valid Driving License for more than 2 years. We include within the hire cost Comprehensive Insurance for 2 drivers as standard (excess applies), a third can be added at a small additional cost. All drivers must be present at the time of collection of the Motorhome.

Q. I hold a Driving Licence from outside the UK, can I still hire?

A. Our insurers allow us to hire to anyone who holds an Australian, New Zealand, American, Canadian or EU licence. We can also refer any other countries' licence.

Q. I have points on my Licence, can I still drive?

A. Our insurers will accept up to 2 sets of speeding fines (ie SP30). We do however still need to know about these. For more than 2 sets of Speeding points or for the following codes please contact the office:- AC, BA, CD, DD, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR & TT

Q. Is there a minimum hire period?

A. We have a minimum hire period of 4 days, although will consider a shorter hire depending on availability.

Q. How old are the Motorhomes

A. All of our Motorhomes are regularly serviced and we aim for no motorhome to be older than 2 years.

Q. How do I book?

A. You can book by calling us on +44 (0)1582 393 480.

Q. What Idenitification do I need?

A. You will need an up to date driving licence showing your current address as well as two recent utility bills to support this. If you have an old paper driving licence a secondary piece of photographic identification will be required (ie passport). All drivers must have the correct documentation at the point of pick up.

Q. What is the Excess on the Insurance

A. The Excess is £1250.00 on the Insurance policy. We do not offer a Collision Damage Waiver but you can take out an insurance policy with one of our affiliates worldwideinsure.com.

Q. Can we travel to Europe in the Motorhome.

A. Yes, a Green Card is required and a charge of £10 per day (to a maximum of £140) is payable. You must advise us prior to departure of any intention of travelling to Europe and pay the additional charge to ensure Insurance cover is in force.

Q. Can I take the Motorhome on a Ferry or Eurotunnel

A. Yes the Motorhome can be taken on both a Ferry or on the Eurotunell

Q. Do you have parking facilities?

A. Yes, our site has free parking. (For 1 car)

Q. Do you have Air & Rail connections nearby?

A. Yes, Luton Airport and Luton Parkway railway station are less than 1 mile away, we can arrange collection from both for you by prior arrangement. We also offer transfers from Heathrow, Gatwick, Stanstead, London City and Birmingham Airports.

Q. How many people can I travel in my motorhome?

A. In order to travel in a Motorhome, just like a normal vehicle, you must be wearing a seatbelt. Our 2, 4 and 6 berth vehicles travel 2, 4 and 6 people respectively.

Please have a look at each motorhome and view their layouts to understand each arrangement.

Q. Do you have smoker friendly motorhomes?

A. Due to legislation no smoking is allowed in our motorhomes and any infringement in these rules wil result in a fine to cover the cost of cleaning the motorhome.

Q. Can I bring my dog?

A. Yes we have two berth, four berth and six berth vehicles available for dog owners.
Please specify that you require a dog friendly vehicle when you enquire.

Q. Is bedding included?

A. We include one set of bedding per bed with the opportunity to buy supplementary bedding sets for longer hires. We also supply Towels within the bedding pack.

Q. Can you use the Motorhomes in the Winter

A. All of our motorhomes are Grade 3 insulated which means that use during the winter is not a problem.

Q. Can a baby/child seat be fitted to the Motorhome

A. All of our Motorhomes will fit at least one Baby/Child seat. If you are travelling from Abroad and need a child seat please ask at the time of booking.

Q. Can I wild camp or do I have to stay at Campsites

A. We recommend that you stay at Campsites for the duration of the hire.